In Letter to Customers, B+L Reviews Innovations, Preview What's Next
Source: Bausch + Lomb
Chuck Hess, Vice President & General Manager, U.S. Surgical, Bausch + Lomb, sent the following letter to customers reviewing some of the innovations the company introduced in 2017, and previewing some of what's to come next year.
December 14, 2017
Dear Eye Care Professional:
As 2017 comes to a close I’d like to share with you why I am so proud of the tremendous year we have had at Bausch + Lomb Surgical. We are excited to head into the new year and for you to see what we plan to deliver to you in 2018.
The significant research and development investments that we’ve made this year have had a tremendous impact, resulting in seven FDA clearances and a range of new technologies we now proudly offer to our customers. These include:
- The Stellaris Elite™ Vision Enhancement System, the company’s next generation phacoemulsification platform for both anterior and posterior surgery, offers cutting-edge innovations as well as the opportunity to add upgrades and enhancements continuously, allowing surgeons to customize their machines and expand their capabilities more rapidly than ever before.
- Vitesse™, the first and only hypersonic, 100% open port vitrectomy system, featured exclusively on the new Stellaris Elite represents the first major vitreous removal innovation in 40 years.
- The FortifEYE™ capsular tension ring (CTR), is a preloaded single-use injector, allowing for safe, immediate preparation and use.
- The enhanced VICTUS® femtosecond laser platform, features a new 3.3 software package including a new option for capsulotomy and lens fragmentation centration and the grid lens fragmentation pattern, providing surgeons with additional options to optimize their individual phacoemulsification technique.
- The enVista® MX60E IOL with StableFlex™ technology, provides improved material properties to enhance optic recovery following delivery while maintaining it’s clear, glistening-free optic.
As the new year approaches, we’ve already filed with the FDA for a new lens technology, and will begin clinical trials for two new innovations in the coming weeks. We’re also working on new enhancements to the Stellaris Elite and VICTUS platforms, and will continue investing to maintain this rapid pace of innovation and further advance the state of care in 2018 and beyond.
Finally, I am grateful, as always, for the feedback that we receive from surgeons. This partnership is a critical part of our ability to design technologies that help our customers deliver the highest quality outcomes to their patients, which is the most rewarding part of what we do everyday. As always, I invite you to reach out to me directly at email@example.com with any comments, questions or suggestions. In the meantime, I wish you and your families a very happy and healthy 2018.
Vice President & General Manager
U.S. Surgical, Bausch + Lomb
You must be logged in to leave a comment.