Modernizing Medicine Announces Enhanced Image Management for Ophthalmology EHR System
Source: Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine will showcase its expanded solution suite, modmed Ophthalmology, including the electronic health record (EHR) system, EMA, and new Image Management feature, this week at the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) in New Orleans. Recently named the #1 ophthalmology EHR system by Black Book, EMA is a leader in value-based care including Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) functionality, according to a company news release.
Modernizing Medicine will demonstrate its ophthalmic Image Management solution designed to provide centralized access to patient diagnostic images and reports and interface with diagnostic imaging devices including OCTs, Visual Fields, Corneal Topographers and Fundus Cameras.
In addition, because of MIPS increasing importance to ophthalmologists, the Modernizing Medicine team will showcase the MIPS solution in EMA that lets our clients collect their MIPS data within the flow of the exam; track their MIPS composite score and progress on each measure; benchmark their performance against peers; and potentially earn ACI bonus points with our Specialized Registries.
“We benchmark our providers to MIPS’ standards, and view which testing and procedures we over or underutilize. For example, I can determine how many cataract surgeries our providers performed last month in 25 seconds versus manually searching paper charts or multiple systems to find that information,” Noah England, practice administrator at The Eye & Laser Center in Lancaster, S.C, said in a news release. “Also, calculating surgery referral commissions took days and now takes minutes. The Analytics platform gathers the data and presents it in a format that is digestible and easy to understand.”
Michael B. Rivers, MD, ophthalmologist at The Retina Group of Washington in Alexandria, Virginia., and one of the company’s valued customers explains, “Modernizing Medicine has been an excellent ally during these periods of transition in the healthcare industry. It seems as if we need to learn a new acronym every 6 months - the latest one is MIPS, but the team at Modernizing Medicine stays ahead of what ophthalmologists need to thrive. And Image Management will be a huge added value to my practice.”
Modernizing Medicine will demonstrate all solutions in the modmed Ophthalmology suite including:
- EMA, the ophthalmology-specific EHR system developed by practicing ophthalmologists. This cloud-based system is available on a native iPad application and includes built-in medical wisdom for ophthalmic subspecialties, including retina, ocular plastic surgery, cataracts and refractive surgery, cornea, glaucoma and more. It knows the ophthalmologist’s workflow and helps physicians move through exams faster, automates outputs and saves time with predictive algorithms.
- EMA’s built in MIPS composite score reporting and data submission.
- modmed Kiosk, a native iPad application designed to help increase patient engagement and save staff time by enabling patients to perform self-service tasks at the doctor’s office.
- Practice Management – a seamless system that functions in conjunction with EMA.
- Analytics - a platform that allows practices to turn data into insights, from enterprise to a patient level, to improve clinical, financial and operational performance.
- Mapping to AAO’s IRIS Registry (Intelligent Research in Sight), the world’s largest eye disease and condition registry.
“modmed Ophthalmology is more than an ophthalmology EMR system, but rather it’s a complete platform for an ophthalmology practice,” David A. Goldman, MD, ophthalmology team lead, anterior segment at Modernizing Medicine, said in the news release. “From writing notes, coding and prescribing at the touch of a button, to an ophthalmology ICD-10 solution, we built this suite of tools to help physicians and support their busy schedules.”
Dr. Goldman, Dr. Rivers, Dr. Paul Gallogly (Ophthalmology Team Lead, Posterior Segment at Modernizing Medicine), Mr. England and representatives of Modernizing Medicine will provide demonstrations of modmed Ophthalmology at booth #4054 at AAO 2017 in New Orleans, La., on Saturday, November 11 to Tuesday, November 14. For more information about the event, click here.
To learn more about Modernizing Medicine, the modmed Ophthalmology suite of products and services and how they can help transform the clinical, operational and financial aspects of a practice, please visit the company’s website.
You must be logged in to leave a comment.