Alimera Sciences Announces Nine Iluvien Data Sets To Be Presented at 2017 American Academy of Ophthalmology
Source: Alimera Sciences
Alimera Sciences announced that data from nine Iluvien studies have been accepted for presentation during the 2017 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, November 11 -14. In addition, Alimera is sponsoring two special educational events at the meeting.
"We are delighted that nine Iluvien data sets have been accepted for presentation at the Academy this year," Dan Myers, CEO of Alimera, said in a company news release. "Eight of the presentations focus on Iluvien for diabetic macular edema and include further analyses of our FAME data, as well as updated data from our two U.S. real-world studies, USER and PALADIN. Safety results from the 12-month study on the FAc insert in noninfectious, posterior segment uveitis will also be presented. This is particularly exciting as we are preparing our submission for Iluvien for noninfectious, posterior uveitis to the European authorities."
The presentations are scheduled as follows:
From the podium:
Sunday, Nov. 12:
· 9:18 a.m. - 9:25 a.m. - Dr. Careen Yen Lowder, MD, PhD, "Fluocinolone Acetonide Intravitreal Insert in Noninfectious, Posterior Segment Uveitis: 12-Month Safety Results."
· 10:36 a.m. - 10:43 a.m. - Sam Mansour, M.D., "PALADIN, a Phase 4 Study with Iluvien: Initial Safety and Efficacy Outcomes with Intravitreal Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.2 µg/day in Diabetic Macular Edema."
· 11:00 a.m. - 11:07 a.m. - Daniel Kiernan, M.D., "Year 3 Visual Acuity Response in Early Nonresponders to 0.2µg/day Fluocinolone Acetonide Implants: The FAME Study."
Sunday, Nov. 12:
· 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Alexander Eaton, M.D., "Real-World IOP and Cataract Surgery Outcomes following 0.19-mg Fluocinolone Acetonide Implant: USER Study."
Monday, Nov. 13:
· 12:45 p.m.- 1:45 p.m. - Nathan Radcliffe, M.D., "Effectiveness of Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty on Elevated IOP after 0.19-mg Fluocinolone Acetonide Implant."
· 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Lauren Mason, B.S., "Fluocinolone Acetonide Intravitreal Implant vs. Combined Vitrectomy with Implant for Chronic Diabetic Macular Edema."
· 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Dilraj Grewal, M.D., "Effect of Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.2 µg/day Implant (Iluvien) on the Decision to Drive in Patients with Diabetic Macular Edema."
· 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Michael Singer, M.D., "Area-Under-the-Curve Analysis of Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.2 µg/day Implant vs. Ranibizumab Plus Deferred Laser."
· 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 pm - Caesar Luo, M.D., "Early Anatomic vs. Long-term Vision Changes with 0.2 µg/day Fluocinolone Acetonide Implant in Diabetic Macular Edema."
Alimera Sciences-sponsored educational events during AAO:
Peer-to-Peer "Microdose of Reality Event," Saturday, Nov. 11, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place. This Alimera-sponsored panel discussion on real-world DME data. Register at http://tinyurl.com/MICRODose-of-Reality.
Lunch symposium, "Continuous DME Therapy: Clinical Evidence Through Real Word Evidence," Sunday, Nov.12, 12 noon - 1:30 p.m. Speakers: Nancy M. Holekamp, M.D., Daniel F. Kiernan, M.D. and Fahd Quhill, M.D. This event is presented by Alimera Sciences in collaboration with EyeNet, the news magazine for Ophthalmologists.
You must be logged in to leave a comment.