Glaukos iStent Products to be Showcased at European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Glaukos announced that various key opinion leader presentations and electronic posters will feature its iStent Trabecular Micro-Bypass and iStent inject Trabecular Micro-Bypass products at the upcoming European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS) annual congress on October 7–11, 2017 in Lisbon, Portugal.
The yearly congress held by the ESCRS is a unique gathering of physicians, ophthalmic industry leaders and others. The meeting assists in sharing and advancing new and compelling data to facilitate conversations regarding best practices, surgical pearls, outstanding patient care, education and advocacy, and new and upcoming technologies.
Presentations (Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):
Monday, October 9, 2017
Free Paper Session: Glaucoma
8:00 – 10:30, Room 4.1
- 9:18am – The iStent trabecular micro-bypass stent reduces post cataract surgery intraocular pressure (IOP) spikes in advanced glaucoma
Authors: G. Moussa, P. Pandey, S. Begum, I. Masood
- 9:54am – MIGS with two second generation trabecular bypass stents in eyes with primary open-angle glaucoma on one preoperative medication: outcomes through two years
Authors: K. Schargel, J. Belda Sanchis, J. Ruiz Colecha, J. Campello
Electronic Posters (Viewable at eTerminals located in the Poster Village)
- Outcomes in mild, moderate and severe glaucoma through two years following phacoemulsification with trabecular micro-bypass stent implantation in a predominantly Hispanic population
Authors: M. Gallardo, R. Supnet
- Treatment with two second-generation trabecular micro-bypass stents and postoperative topical prostaglandin in eyes with open-angle glaucoma taking two preoperative medications: outcomes through 30 months
Authors: J. Martinez de la Casa
- IOP reduction following iStent inject implantation in primary open-angle glaucoma eyes depending on lens condition and further previous surgery
Authors: F. Ruefer, M. Matthäi, J. Forster, T. Herbst, D. Holland
- Pilot series of Southeast Asian eyes which underwent combined iStent trabecular micro-bypass device implantation and cataract surgery
Authors: C. Sng, S. Loon, P. Chew
- Long-term titrated IOP control and medication reduction following implantation of one, two, or three trabecular micro-bypass stents
Author: L. Voskanyan
Glaukos’s next-generation MIGS device, the iStent inject includes two stents preloaded in an auto-injection mechanism that allows an ophthalmic surgeon to inject stents into multiple locations of the trabecular meshwork through a single corneal incision. The iStent inject has been approved in the European Union, Australia, Brazil and Canada. Glaukos has U.S. IDE clinical trials underway for the iStent inject for use in conjunction with cataract surgery and for a similar product, the iStent SA, for use as a standalone procedure. Glaukos has also developed the iStent Supra Suprachoroidal Micro-Bypass Stent, which is designed to reduce IOP by accessing the suprachoroidal space in the eye. Approved in the European Union, the iStent Supra is also being evaluated in a U.S. IDE clinical trial.
The company is also pursuing FDA approval of iDose Travoprost, a drug-delivery system designed to elute therapeutic levels of travoprost, a glaucoma drug, from within the anterior chamber for extended periods of time.
Glaukos at ESCRS
Glaukos will be exhibiting on the showroom floor on October 7 – 10, 2017 in the FIL – Feira Internacional de Lisboa at booth #P1128.
You must be logged in to leave a comment.