Alcon to Introduce Clareon IOL, Conduct Several Presentations, at Annual ESCRS Meeting
Alcon will introduce its new monofocal IOL, Clareon, at the European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS) congress taking place October 7-11 in Lisbon, Portugal. In addition, Alcon will deliver an extensive scientific and educational program including 18 accepted abstracts and more than 10 satellite events covering its latest innovations in cataract, refractive and glaucoma surgery.
"We are proud to deliver on our commitment to bring innovations to the surgical community, and Clareon is one of the biggest breakthroughs in the IOL space," Mike Ball, Chief Executive Officer, Alcon, said in a company news release. "This is a great year for Alcon as we celebrate many important milestones - from fulfilling our mission to help people see better by enhancing and transforming the way surgeons treat cataracts through innovations like Clareon, to marking the 100 millionth implant of our flagship AcrySof lenses."
Alcon's full scientific and educational program includes symposia, presentations, and stand-alone events, highlighting the Clareon monofocal IOL and its novel delivery system, and the benefits of treating concomitant visual conditions such as astigmatism, presbyopia, and glaucoma along with cataracts using the AcrySof family of IOLs and the CyPass Micro-Stent.
As part of the ESCRS Glaucoma scientific program, further analysis of the COMPASS and CyCLE clinical studies on the CyPass Micro-Stent will be presented. The CyPass Micro-Stent is a minimally invasive glaucoma surgical (MIGS) device, indicated for the treatment of patients with mild-to-moderate primary open-angle glaucoma in conjunction with cataract surgery, or as a standalone procedure in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma who have failed previous medical treatments.
Recently launched in European markets, CyPass Micro-Stent is the first MIGS device designed to be implanted in the supraciliary space, utilizing the same outflow pathway as first-line prostaglandin analog medications and providing an additional option to meet the needs of millions of glaucoma patients.
Additional information about these products will be available at the Alcon booth #P272 in the exhibition area of the Feira Internacional de Lisboa (FIL) congress center.
- Friday, October 6
- Alcon Glaucoma Symposium: A Closer Look: CyPass - Innovation in MIGS via the Supraciliary Space - Moderated by Prof. Keith Barton (1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Room 3.1, FIL congress center)
- Sunday, October 8
- Alcon Advanced Technologies Symposium: Bridging the Gap to Cataract Refractive Surgery - Moderated by Prof. Rudy Nuijts (1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Room 4.7, FIL congress center)
- Alcon INFOCUS symposium: Two minutes to better surgery! Debating the topics most important to your techniques - Moderated by Prof. Antoine Brezin (Welcome reception and event: 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Room 4.1, FIL congress center)
- Monday, October 9
- Alcon Cataract Symposium - Clareon IOL: A new IOL Platform - Moderated by Prof. Rudy Nuijts (1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Room 4.7, FIL congress center)
Paper and poster presentations:
- Saturday, October 7
- Scientific Poster Presentation: Multicenter Defocus Curve Evaluation of a Novel Trifocal Presbyopia-Correcting IOL: 6 Months Post-Op Results, Dr. T. Kohnen (2:32 - 2:40 p.m., Poster Village, Pod 1, FIL congress center)
- Monday, October 9
- Scientific Paper Presentation: Ocular Hypotensive Medication Use in Patients Undergoing Combined Cataract Surgery and Supraciliary Micro-Stent Implantation for Open-Angle Glaucoma in the COMPASS Trial, Dr. S. Sarkisian, Jr. (9:12 - 9:18 a.m., Room 4.1, FIL congress center)
- Scientific Paper Presentation: Three-year Results from the CyCLE Study for Supraciliary Micro-Stent Implantation Combined with Cataract Surgery for Open-Angle Glaucoma, Dr. H. Hoh (9:30 - 9:36 a.m., Room 4.1, FIL congress center)
- Scientific Paper Presentation: Combined Cataract Surgery and Supraciliary Micro-Stent Implantation for Open-Angle Glaucoma: BCVA Outcomes from the COMPASS Trial, Dr. T. Ianchulev (9:36 - 9:42 a.m., Room 4.1, FIL congress center)
- Tuesday, October 10
- Scientific Paper Presentation: Optical Purity Evaluation and Accelerated Aging of the New Clareon Biomaterial vs. Other Hydrophobic Acrylic Material in a Laboratory Setup, Dr. G. Auffarth (3:42 - 3:48 p.m., Room 3.6, FIL congress center)
- Scientific Paper Presentation: Evaluation of Clarity Characteristics in a New Hydrophobic Acrylic IOL in Comparison with Commercially Available Lenses, Dr. L. Werner, (3:48 - 3:54 p.m., Room 3.6, FIL congress center)
- Scientific Paper Presentation: Distribution of Preoperative Corneal Astigmatism and Postoperative Refractive Astigmatism in a Large Population of Patients Undergoing Cataract Surgery in the UK, Dr. A. Day (8:30 - 8:36 a.m., Room 4.4, FIL congress center)
- Scientific Poster Presentation: Survey in twelve countries reveals major gap in cataract awareness, Dr. M. Morral (10:35 - 10:40 a.m., Poster Village, Pod 1, FIL congress center)
- Scientific Paper Presentation: A Multicentre, Retrospective Cohort Study Comparing the Real-World Incidence of Nd:YAG Laser Capsulotomy Procedure to Treat Posterior Capsular Opacification in the First 3 Years after Cataract Surgery Among Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic Acrylic IOLs, Dr. P. Ursell (3:02 - 3:08 p.m., Room 4.4, FIL congress center)
- Scientific Paper Presentation: Global Prevalence, Economic and Humanistic Burden of Astigmatism in Cataract Patients: A Systematic Literature Review, Dr. D. Anderson (8:36 - 8:42 a.m., Room 4.4, FIL congress center)
- Electronic poster presentations (available throughout the entire meeting at the computer terminals):
- Laboratory Evaluation of the New Clareon® Hydrophobic Acrylic IOL Material: Biomaterial Properties and Capsular Bag Behavior, Dr. G. Auffarth
- Miyake-Apple Posterior View Analysis of Capsular Bag Behavior of the New Clareon® Hydrophobic Acrylic IOL Material, Dr. H. Fang
- Evaluation of the Mechanical Behavior of a New Single-Piece Intraocular Lens as Compared to Commercially Available IOLs, Dr. S. Lane
- Model Eye and In Vitro Assessment of Positive Dysphotopsia or Glare Types Photic Phenomena: A Comparison of a New Material IOL to Other Monofocal Intraocular Lenses, Dr. L. Werner
- Silicone oil adhesion of hydrophobic acrylic intraocular lenses (IOL): A comparative laboratory study of the new Clareon versus current AcrySof IOL material, Dr. F. Hengerer
You must be logged in to leave a comment.